Terms & Conditions
Central Texas RV Rentals, LLC
Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions
These TERMS AND CONDITIONS are made part of the Recreational Vehicle Rental Agreement between the Renter and Central Texas RV Rentals, LLC (“Owner”, “CTRVR”).
- “Agreement” means all terms and conditions found in this form, any addenda and any additional materials Renters or Authorized Drivers sign or we provide at the time of rental.
- “Renter” or “Renters” means each person identified on the front of this Agreement as a Renter in this Agreement, any person signing this Agreement, any Authorized Driver and any person or organization to whom charges are billed by us at its or the Renters’ direction. All persons referred to as “Renters” are jointly and severally liable and bound by this Agreement.
- “Authorized Driver” means the Renters and any additional driver listed on this Agreement, provided that each such person has a valid driver’s license and is at least age 25. Only Authorized Drivers are permitted to drive the Equipment. All persons referred to as an “Authorized Driver” are jointly and severally liable and bound by this Agreement in regard to use of the Equipment. Each Authorized Driver expressly warrants and guarantees that by operating any of the Equipment, the Authorized Driver is competent, capable, licensed, and qualified to operate such Equipment.
- “Equipment” means the Vehicle and Trailer listed on the front of this Agreement, hereto, including any automobile or truck, hookups or ancillary parts identified in this Agreement and any Equipment we substitute for it, and all its tires, tools, accessories, equipment, keys and ancillary equipment documents.
- “Physical Damage” means damage to, or loss of, the Equipment caused by collision or upset; it does not include comprehensive damage, such as damage to, or loss of, the Equipment due to theft, vandalism, act of nature, riot or civil disturbance, hail, flood or fire or other comprehensive loss not caused by collision.
- “Loss of use” means the loss of our ability to use the Equipment for any reason due to damage to it, or loss of it, during this rental; loss of use is calculated by multiplying the number of days from the date the Equipment is damaged or lost until it is replaced or repaired, times the daily rental rate.
- RENTAL PERIOD: 3 (three) day minimum. Pick up time is between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm and return time is by 4 pm on the last day of the rental unless other arrangements have been made as noted on the Rental Agreement. The renter will be charged $25 per hour for a vehicle returned late and 1-1/2 the daily rental rate for each day the vehicle is late. REMEMBER – Other people may be waiting for the vehicle. Please contact us if you are going to be delayed.
- RESERVATION AND SECURITY DEPOSIT: Required on all rentals and paid by credit card:
Travel Trailers – $750;
Class C Motor Homes – $1,500;
Class A Motor Homes – $2,000.
The RESERVATION AND SECURITY DEPOSIT is required to be paid at the time of the reservation. The RESERVATION AND SECURITY DEPOSIT is refundable within 10 business days of the return of the Recreational Vehicle (RV), providing the RV is clean (inside and outside), holding tanks are empty, fuel tank is full, if applicable, the propane tank is not empty, and the vehicle is not damaged or abused. Central Texas RV Rentals reserves the right to charge against the Security Deposit fees, charges, and other items as listed in the Recreational Vehicle Rental Agreement. The RESERVATION AND SECURITY DEPOSIT is refundable, less a $50 administrative fee, if reservation is canceled 60 days before departure. IF the reservation is canceled less than 60 days before departure, 75% of the RESERVATION AND SECURITY DEPOSIT will be refunded. Reservations made within 30 days of the rental period will receive a 50% refund of the RESERVATION AND SECURITY DEPOSIT, if the reservation is cancelled for any reason. Early returns are not refundable.
- EARLY RETURNS: We appreciate the fact that circumstances beyond your control may cut your trip short. While we will make every effort to accommodate an early return, we cannot provide refunds for early returns or for loss of use/time during your rental period.
- CLEANING: CTRVR does not charge for cleaning unless the RV is not returned cleaned. The exterior and interior of the RV will be clean, the black and grey water tanks flushed and deodorized upon check out and delivery to the Renter. It is the Renter’s responsibility to return the RV in the same manner, both interior and exterior. The Renter is responsible for cleaning the interior, washing the dishes, utensils, picking up trash in the interior, vacuuming/sweeping the floors, and disposing of the trash. The Renter is not required to wash the linens or towels. If unit is not cleaned before it is returned, a minimum cleaning fee of $300 will be levied or such other fee as CTRVR deems appropriate. For excessive dirt, mud, grime, uncleaned dishes, trash in the interior, excessive mud road grime on the exterior an additional fee will be levied based on the hours expended cleaning the RV. The odor of pets or smoke in the RV will result in an additional cleaning fee as described herein. While we all enjoy a campfire, we ask that the Renter keep the campfire smoke odor out of the RV. Failure to do so will result in a cleaning fee to remove the smoke odor.
- CHARGES: In addition to the basic trip cost stated on Exhibit B hereto, Renters will pay us, or the appropriate government authorities, on demand all charges due us under this Agreement, including:
- (a) time and mileage for the period Renters keep the Equipment, or a mileage charge based on our experience if the odometer is tampered with;
- (b) charges for additional drivers;
- (c) optional products and services Renters purchased;
- (d) fuel throughout the trip, or if Renters return the Equipment with less fuel than when rented;
- (e) applicable taxes;
- (f) all parking, traffic and toll violations, citations, fines, penalties, forfeitures, court costs, towing and storage charges and other expenses involving the Equipment assessed against us or the Equipment;
- (g) all costs, including pre- and post-judgment attorney fees, we” incur collecting payment from Renters or otherwise enforcing or defending our rights under this Agreement;
- (h) $50, plus $5/mile for every mile between the renting location and the place where the Equipment is returned, repossessed or abandoned, plus any additional recovery expenses we incur;
- (i) $50 or the maximum amount permitted by law, whichever is greater, if Renters pay us with a check returned unpaid for any reason; and
- (j) a fee to clean the Equipment if returned substantially or materially less clean than when rented.
- Fuel and propane tanks are released to the Renter full. If emptied, the renter will be charged a $35 service charge to fill the fuel tank plus $6 per gallon. The Renter is not responsible for filling the Propane tanks unless the propane tank is emptied from Renter’s use during the Rental Period. In which case, the Renter should fill the propane tank at Renter’s expense. If the RV is returned with an empty propane tank, Renter will be charged $35.00, plus $6 per gallon to fill the tank(s).
- A dumping fee of $75 will be charged if the black and grey water tanks are not empty upon return.
- Pets are NOT permitted under any circumstances for any reason. A service charge of $500 will be levied for unauthorized/undisclosed pets in the vehicle. Additional charges may be levied for stains, excessive odor, or damage caused by the pet in any manner.
- Smoking of any kind is prohibited in the RV which includes tobacco, electronic cigarette, vaping, or any other form of smoking. A service charge of $500 will be levied for unauthorized/undisclosed smoking in the vehicle. Additional charges may be levied for stains, excessive odor, or damage caused by smoking in any manner.
- DESTINATION: The full and complete itinerary of the trip and destination(s) is to be provided to the owner. Failure to disclose a complete itinerary and destination may result in loss of the Security Deposit. Providing false, misleading, incomplete, or intentional misrepresentation will result in breach of the Rental Agreement.
- All fees are payable by CASH, CERTIFIED BANK CHECK, OR ON A MAJOR CREDIT CARD (MASTERCARD OR VISA). WE DO NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS. Full payment is due on day of departure i.e., balance of rental fee, security and cleaning deposits, insurance waiver, winterizing fee, etc. Rental fees are subject to a Texas State Motor Vehicle Rental Tax of 10%. If the final payment is made on MasterCard or Visa arrangements must be made prior to day of departure.
- INSURANCE/LIABILITY: All renters must provide proof of insurance before renting a recreational vehicle. Insurance coverage is the responsibility of the renter. Any damage occurred to vehicle will be the responsibility of the renter. All drivers must be insured. In the event of an insurance claim and repairs are required, renter or renter’s insurance company is responsible for lost revenue while unit is being repaired. Renter is responsible for 100% of the damage to the rented unit. Renter is liable for all parking tickets & traffic violations. Renter is responsible for all Toll Charges. Report all accidents to Central Texas RV Rentals, LLC. and police immediately. Should a break down occur renter must notify owner for repair authorization and follow instructions provided by Central Texas RV Rentals, LLC. The customer is responsible for checking engine oil, fluids, lug nuts, wheels, tires and coolant levels at each refueling, as well as reporting mechanical failures immediately. Customers may be held responsible for mechanical damage due to negligence in vehicle operation or failure to provide normal maintenance. In the event the vehicle is in breakdown repair for 12 hours or more, through no fault of the customer, our responsibility to customer is limited to refund of daily rate or portion thereof. Radio, air conditioning, refrigerator, microwave, appliances, cruise control, generator malfunctions, etc are not considered breakdowns and no refunds are available for repair time to these items.
- INSURANCE: Renters and Authorized Drivers are responsible for all damage or loss Renters or Authorized Drivers cause to others. Renters and Authorized Drivers agree to provide auto liability, collision, under-insured and uninsured policies, and comprehensive insurance covering Renters, Authorized Drivers, and us as a third-party beneficiary, passengers, and the Equipment in the minimum amount required by state law. Our own insurance policies shall be secondary unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- RENTAL, INDEMNITY, AND WARRANTIES: This is a contract including for rental of the Equipment. We may repossess the Equipment at Renters expense without notice to Renters, if the Equipment is abandoned or used in violation of law or this Agreement. Renters agree to indemnify us, defend us, and hold us harmless and immune from all claims for injury or damages, liability, costs and attorney fees we incur resulting from, or arising out of, this Agreement and Renters’ or Authorized Drivers’ use in whole or in part, of the Equipment We makes no warranties, express, implied or apparent, regarding the Equipment, no warranty of merchantability and no warranty that the Equipment is fit for a particular purpose.Renters and Authorized Drivers shall protect all passengers and the public from injury and shall protect the Equipment from damage. The Renters and Authorized Drivers shall be responsible for any injury to passengers or to the public and for any damage to property in and about the Equipment, except and only if we are wholly and entirely negligent without any contribution of negligence by Renters, Authorized Drivers, or third parties.
- If involved in an accident you must notify Central Texas RV Rentals, LLC. within 24 hours. A full written police accident report must be submitted to our management upon your return. Failure to comply will result in the forfeiture of your security deposit.
- Proper identification, employment, credit references, and a valid driver’s license must be presented when reserving a vehicle. ALL INFORMATION WILL BE VERIFIED, including, in some cases, a motor vehicle record (MVR) and credit report.
- ALL DRIVERS MUST BE 25 YEARS OF AGE, WITH A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE.
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE OR LOSS; REPORTING TO POLICE: Renters are responsible for all damage to, or loss or theft of, the Equipment, which includes the cost of repair, or the actual cash retail value of the Equipment on the date of the loss if the Equipment is not repairable or if we elect not to repair the Equipment, plus loss of use, diminished value of the Equipment caused by damage to it or repair of it, and our administrative expenses incurred processing the claim, whether or not Renters are at fault. Renters must report all accidents or incidents of theft and vandalism to us and the police as soon as Renters discover them. Renters shall make no repairs without Owner’s consent. Any repairs made without owner’s consent are not subject to reimbursement. Any repairs made by Renter that are not deemed appropriate or made to be original or as delivered may be charged for repair back to original basis.
- PROHIBITED USES: The following uses of the Equipment are prohibited and are breaches of this Agreement. The Renters and Authorized Drivers shall not use or permit the use of the Equipment:
- (a) by anyone who is not an Authorized Driver, or by anyone whose driving license is suspended in any jurisdiction;
- (b) by anyone under the influence of any drug or alcohol;
- (c) by anyone who obtained the Equipment or extended the rental period by giving us false, fraudulent or misleading information, or who withheld information that would have caused us not to rent the Equipment;
- (d) in furtherance of any illegal purpose or under any circumstance that would constitute a violation of law other than a minor traffic violation;
- (e) to carry persons or property for hire;
- (f) to push or tow anything other than the vehicle towing the trailer listed as Equipment, to teach anyone to drive, or to carry objects on the roof of the Equipment;
- (g) in any race, speed test or contest;
- (h) exceeding the speed limit, driving faster than what is safe towing a travel trailer or motor home (generally 65 mph)
- (i) to carry dangerous or hazardous items or illegal materiel;
- (j) for travel outside of the United States or Canada, specifically excluding travel into Mexico;
- (k) when loaded beyond its capacity as determined by the manufacturer of the Equipment;
- (l) on unpaved surfaces, except at designated campgrounds;
- (m) to transport more persons than the Equipment has seat belts, or to carry persons outside the passenger compartment;
- (n) to transport children without approved child safety seats as required by local law;
- (o) when the odometer has been tampered with or disconnected;
- (p) when the Equipment’s fluid levels are low, or it is otherwise reasonable to expect Renters to know that further operation would damage the Equipment;
- (q) in a manner that causes damage to the Equipment due to inadequately secured cargo;
- (r) after an accident with the Equipment unless and until Renters summon the police to the accident scene; and
- (s) for anyone sitting, standing or lying on the roof of the Equipment.
- Complete operating instructions will be given at time of departure. It will take approximately to one to two hours. A more convenient time may be scheduled. Upon return the unit will be inspected. This is not considered to be the final inspection. All of the renter’s personal belongings must be removed by renter. Central Texas RV Rentals, LLC. is not responsible for items left in the vehicle.
- RENTER’S PROPERTY: Renters and Authorized Drivers release us, our agents, officers, employees, subcontractors, joint venture parties, suppliers, assigns, and third parties utilized by us from all claims for loss of, or damage to, Renters’ personal property or that of any other person, that we received, handled or stored, or that was left or carried in or on the Equipment or in any service vehicle or in our offices, unless the loss or damage was caused by our sole negligence or was otherwise our responsibility expressly-agreed in writing.
- BREACH OF AGREEMENT: The acts listed in paragraph 20, above, are prohibited uses of the Equipment and breaches of this Agreement. Renters and Authorized Drivers waive all recourse against us, our agents, officers, employees, subcontractors, joint venture parties, suppliers, assigns, and third parties utilized by us for any criminal reports or prosecutions that we take against Renters and Authorized Drivers that arise out of Renters’ or Authorized Drivers’ breach of this Agreement. Any breach of this agreement may result in forfeiture of the RESERVATION AND SECURITY DEPOSIT.
- MODIFICATIONS: No term of this Agreement can be waived or modified except by a writing that we have signed. If Renters wish to extend the rental period, Renters must return the Equipment to our rental office for inspection and written amendment by us of the due-in date. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Renters, Authorized Drivers and us. All prior representations and agreements between Renters, Authorized Drivers and us regarding this Agreement are void.
- SERVICE CALLS: Customers are provided an emergency telephone number. In cases where a service call is required due to inappropriate use by customer of a unit’s mechanical features, a service call fee will be charged at the rate of $125/hour with a minimum charge of $125.
- We reserve the right to refuse any applicant.
- DISPUTE AND FORUM: If a dispute arises, the parties agree to try in good faith to settle it through mediation upon written notice by either party. Within 10 days of receipt, Central Texas RV Rentals, LLC. shall provide the renter with a slate of three mediators; the renter shall choose one on the slate. The location will be in Austin or Round Rock, TX. The parties will share the cost of the mediation equally. Each party will cooperate fully and fairly with the mediator and attempt to reach a mutually satisfactory compromise to the dispute. If the dispute is not resolved within 30 days after it is referred to the mediator, either party may initiate court proceedings. All court proceeding relating to this agreement or the relationship between the parties shall be filed in Williamson County, Texas. The prevailing party in such litigation shall be entitled, in addition to such other relief as may be granted, to its reasonable attorney’s fees, expenses and costs.
- TERMS AND RATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. Any additional terms will be disclosed at the time of the rental agreement is signed.
Revised December 2020